My last update was a loooooong time ago. It's not the usual "I forgot about my blog" kind of silence. No, a heightened urgency with the dissertation work kept me from providing a meaningful update on my progress and all things academic. Frequently during breaks in writing my cursor hovered over the 'Blogger' bookmark in Safari but could never bring myself to click and fall down the rabbit hole of blog updates.
So much has happened since my last update:
- I completed Chapter 2, which splintered into Chapters Two and Three (harmony, form, and texture);
- I finished Chapter One (genealogy);
- Introduction got finished;
- Wrote a large essay "Sonum est non liberum: The sound repository as exclusion mechanism" for a forthcoming anthology on 'Archives';
- Finished my first academic article about Gould's The Idea of North. The journal is set to be published in September. I'll post a citation to it later;
- There were a couple of conferences in there also.
*phew* That's a lot of stuff. I'll write longer posts for all of those things soon enough. For now, I can see the light at the end of this dissertation tunnel and that pleases me to no end.